Freitag, Dezember 26, 2008

Holidays

I had a really wonderful Christmas. I thought it would be very emotional, but it turns out most of the difficulties were actually leading up to the holiday, the apprehension. I got a couple modest gifts from my host family and a big box from my parents (and there's one from Mana and Pop here too -- only I have to go pick it up from the Zollamt, so I won't actually get it until I get back from Spain on the 11th of January.)

I had a nice chat with my host parents yesterday about Christmas, school, etc. I feel really happy that they have reasonable expectations around my school (i.e. they do NOT expect any passing grades!!) Also, I think Hans-Peter is really starting to get that I do understand him, and I don't care how good his English is; I'm here to learn German. Yesterday we had not one but several conversations, and I'm glad that we are starting to communicate a little, because out of everyone in my family I feel the most out-of-place with him.

I'm feeling excited to go to Spain and a little less scared of two weeks without a computer. I always tell myself that I don't need it, and then when something like this comes up, I'm left feeling a little terrified! It's so ridiculous.

Keine Kommentare: