Sonntag, Februar 17, 2008

The Magnetic Fields, again

For those who are curious, here are the songs the Magnetic Fields played on the 15th:

1. California Girls (Distortion)
2. I Don't Believe You (I Don't Believe You 7", i)
3. All My Little Words (69 Love Songs Vol. 1)
4. Come Back From San Francisco (69 Love Songs Vol. 1)
5. Old Fools (Distortion)
6. Xavier Says (Distortion)
7. Walking My Gargoyle (The Gothic Archies - The Tragic Treasury: Songs from A Series of Unfortunate Events)
8. Too Drunk to Dream (Distortion)
9. Till the Bitter End (Distortion)
10. Night You Can't Remember (69 Love Songs Vol. 3)
11. I Thought You Were My Boyfriend (i)
12. Water Torture (Stephin Merritt - Eban & Charley Soundtrack)
(Intermission)
13. Lovers From the Moon (The Wayward Bus)
14. I Wish I Had an Evil Twin (i)
15. Give Me Back My Dreams (The 6ths - Hyacinths and Thistles)
16. Grand Canyon (69 Love Songs Vol. 2)
17. Papa Was a Rodeo (69 Love Songs Vol. 2)
18. Drive On, Driver (Distortion)
19. The Nun's Litany (Distortion)
20. The Tiny Goat (The Gothic Archies - The New Despair)
21. Smoke and Mirrors (Get Lost)
22. Zombie Boy (Distortion)
(Encore)
23. Three-Way (Distortion)
24. Take Ecstasy With Me (Holiday, Original Susan Anway vocal recording released on Oh, Merge: A Merge Records 10 Year Anniversary Compilation)
25. Book of Love (69 Love Songs Vol. 1)

(Thanks to The Motion Sick for the setlist.)

I bought Distortion yesterday, and I love it. It kind of hurts your ears, in a good way. It was a bit strange to hear it after seeing the concert because it's so loud and, um, distorted, and when I heard the songs live, they were completely acoustic.

2 Kommentare:

David hat gesagt…

Wow, that sounds like a great show!!! I am jealous...

charlotte hat gesagt…

i googled probably five different spellings of b.r., and i CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT.