Mittwoch, April 29, 2009

stephin merritt

i'm sure most of you have seen this video before, but this is incredible:




i love watching him play all those different instruments at once. it makes me remember why playing a musical instrument is fun. when i get back from germany, let's all get together and make stuff up like stephin merritt.

i also learned how to play this one. on my uke today. it's the first finger-picked song i've learned, and i think after a couple more hours i'll have it down. it's really incredibly easy.

when i get my camera cord from my parents, i'll post a picture of me with my bundestag representative here in pforzheim, katja mast. -- i visited her office today! there's also going to be an article about me in the pforzheim newspaper!

2 Kommentare:

Liz Woodbury hat gesagt…

i want to hear you play that song! "everyone you despise will die, so smile!"

Anonym hat gesagt…

I absolutely love the NPR session with Stephin Merritt!

Reminds me of my favorite scene in the Gus Van Sant movie, Last Days, where Kurt Cobain spontaneously writes a four track song. Certainly not nearly as eloquent, but worth a watch none the less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EY_KwOQj4A

Count me in on playing music when you get back!

love,
Dad