Sonntag, April 05, 2009

Fahrradfahren

The last few days have been WARM. Like, 20 degrees celsius warm. I'm a lucky person who never paid attention to the temperature outside at home, so I am learning celsius without having to translate it into anything. 10 grat=light sweater, 20=T-shirt. At some point I will probably have to buy some more T-shirts here.

Today was the first day I actually rode my bike in the real world! I walked with it to an empty parking lot in the next village over, practiced getting on and turning (the two things that I still seem to fail at) and then rode it home. I can break without looking like a crazy person, and I can change gears while I'm riding. Riding a bike has always been a little one-step-forward-two-steps-back for me, but I'm really proud of myself, and I can't wait to get back on in the near future.

For April break, I am going to Prague to visit Kayla. I haven't bought my tickets yet because the bus company won't e-mail me back, but if everything goes smoothly, I'll be paying $100 for there and back, which is really good. With the Bahn, it costs somewhere around 250€. I can't wait to see Kayla and maybe even Kafka's grave. I'll be there for Easter and everything. I am so excited.

4 Kommentare:

Liz Woodbury hat gesagt…

i'm so happy you got on your bike (and that you have one you can ride there). david m. came over yesterday to tinker with his new bike, which he got free from craigslist and which is pretty awesome. he'll probably want you to join his bike gang when you get home. for real.

Ellen hat gesagt…

David and I spent Easter in Prague! We stayed a few days in a big old hotel and then in some guy's apartment that we got through a guy we met in the train station. (It was pretty much as sketchy as it sounds.) I called my mother from a payphone there and said, "I can't talk long. I just wanted to let you know that I'm in Prague", and she said, "Okay, I'll let you go. You're in a fog."

charlotte hat gesagt…

wow. i'm so happy about the bike and the warm weather, but mostly that you're going to see kayla! i really miss her. i haven't had any contact with her at all, so please tell her hello. prague for april break sounds really, really nice.

Katie hat gesagt…

i am super duper pleased for you, for reals.

lots of love
katie

ps-- let me know if there is an opportune weekend to visit you! I believe Indian food and awkward karaoke is in order. I also might be persuaded to bring my lederhosen. And dirndl.