Dienstag, Februar 03, 2009

i think i drank like five cups of tea today

Today I came home early from school because I am sick. Normally I bet I could have stuck it out, but I had Sport. Volleyball is awful under any circumstances, but when one is sick, it's attrocious. So I spent my day: drinking tea, sleeping, writing, and watching Desperate Housewives. My family at home is watching The Wire. I am watching Desperate Housewives. Katharina has the first season on DVD, and truly, I don't understand how a show could start out so terrible. In my experience, even mediocre shows are often at least a little bit clever in the first few episodes, but no. No, instead there are terrible puns, ridiculous storylines, and the most God-awful narrator I've ever heard.

Semi-related: my ONLY after school-activity in my second semester here is a weekly guitar lesson (my first one is one Thursday). This kind of terrifies me. I also have NO school past one o' clock -- which is good and everything, but I haven't really got friends, and there isn't quite enough time after school to drive to Karlsruhe during the week. I'm not really sure what to do. You would think, I'm in Germany, I'll figure something out, but I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY TIME.

3 Kommentare:

Liz Woodbury hat gesagt…

here's what you can do:

1. practice guitar and uke
2. drink more tea
3. take another yoga class
4. go for long walks/bike (especially when spring comes)
5. take the train to karlsruhe anyway!
6. explore funny pforzheim some more
7. meet up with aline and the nice girls.
8. read in deutsch
9. watch desperate housewives
10. draw in your graphic novel/journal
11. knit
12. nap
13. write funny blog entries
14. walk around pforzheim with your camera
15. borrow a kit from blunt and record interviews with your family members/afs kids/nice german kids/the bus driver/your accordion-playing neighbor
16. shall i continue???

Liz Woodbury hat gesagt…

p.s. i'm so sorry you're sick, sweetie! if it's any consolation, i know several of your friends here are sick too.

Katie hat gesagt…

I'm volunteering. At the library. And possibly at the museum? My schedule is ridiculous this half-year. Seriously-- Wednesdays I get out at like 10:40, since I've been kicked out of French. But I'm taking another German class and a yoga class. I'm also going to ask if I can go hang out with the younger kids some more, I think.

I am fortunately not sick. (Although I do have quite impressive bruises all over my legs and thighs, giving new meaning to the words "fashion hurts". Also making it difficult to walk). But I also had two extra days of holiday, which was amazing.

Okay, and PS. If Lizze Lou is your mum, I am hardcore jealous. My mum is like... bored? Work on that grammar book we sent you. And she doesn't comment on my blog. Ever.