Samstag, Februar 07, 2009

Dingern, das mir gefallen

1. Pens, pencils, compasses, binders, protractors, school supplies.

2. The anti-ethanol ad near the Hauptbahnhof.

3. Kareoke.

4. The trains and buses.

5. Bread, especially the delicious Brötchen that Alisa's mom bought for me this morning.

6. My English class.

7. Hand cream.

8. The Pforzheim library.

9. Those hard core hip-hop kids who greet each other by kissing on the cheek.

10. Terrible TV movies that I watch with my host mom.

11. Being able to sort of understand and speak another language.

12. Umlaut. ä.ö.ü.

13. My daily bus ride to school.

14. Making friends with people who are unbelievably different from me.

15. Brief moments when I really feel like I have understood something thouroughly and/or contributed something to my life here.

16. Feldsalat. (It's called sheep's ear salad or something weird like that in English, apparently. I sort of don't want the winter to ever end because I love Feldsalat so much.)

17. Yogurt chocolate.

18. The fact that that word looks weird to me spelled with a Y now.

19. Having as much time alone as I'd like to. (Well, sometimes a little too much, but I generally don't mind being alone.)

20. Karlsruhe.


That was actually a lot harder than I expected. But it's refreshing to make a list now and then. I'm unsure whether the word above should be "das" or "dass." Normally, I'd write "dass", but the Rummy K box has recently made me skeptical.

4 Kommentare:

Liz Woodbury hat gesagt…

ich liebe deine list! sorry, wrong wrong i know. but that's as close as i can get. i think we should all make a list of lovely things every once in a while, maybe even once a week.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Thanks for posting your list, Zoe. I can't tell you how much more fun this is to read than everyone's 25 Things lists.

Love,
Dad

Martha hat gesagt…

es ist bestimmt dass
:)

charlotte hat gesagt…

WOW! I WAS TOTALLY DOWN ON GOING TO FRANCE, but that list made me want to go again! you're awesome!!!!!

p.s.--even though i don't have facebook anymore, i know what the 25 Things list is. isn't that ridiculous?