Sonntag, März 29, 2009


My new host family. Marlene, me, Jürgen, Tang, and Tobias. Everyone is so nice.

The last couple of weeks have been pretty routine, consisting of school, some failed tests, and a visit to a gymnastics class (I will probably not be returning.) This photo was taken last Friday, when Tang came over and we had Raclette. The next Saturday we went to Calw, the birthplace of Hermann Hesse, since Marlene was running 10 km there!





Hermann-Hesse-Haus, maybe?







After the race.


This weekend, Tang and I went to the Thai restaurant in Durlacher Tor on Friday, then went to Martha's house to play Scrabble. I almost won. Then yesterday, we drove back to Tiefenbronn and went to Tobias's football match, played more games, and listened to many bad songs on the radio. Today I am having a lazy day. We had breakfast, and I went for a short walk and sort of cleaned my room. Marlene is in Tubingen (u or ü?) this weekend, BUT she is taking me to see Slumdog Millionaire sometime in the near future! I'm so excited!

Life is good. The week before Feburary break (or somewhere around there) was definitely a turning point. Changing families was a shock, but I am also really glad that I got the chance to meet these great people. I feel a lot more confident with my German, I don't really mind school, and I am just generally happier. It seems like one day I woke up and I suddenly actually had things to do on the weekends and things to look forward to, and that is NICE. Even when the people in my class still sort of think I'm weird, and some of my teachers actually actively dislike me.

I am looking forward to (hopefully!) a couple days in Prague during April break, and I'm also planning a trip to Thailand a year from now! Things are so good.

6 Kommentare:

Liz Woodbury hat gesagt…

this makes me SO happy i can't even tell you! and it is lovely to see photos of your new host family. you look very content, m'dear.

p.s. do you remember that heather knuppel make raclette at our house one time? and it was SO good, but either pie or lulu cried from the smell of if?

charlotte hat gesagt…

wow, all of that sounds so cool! i really hope that you get to go to prague and see kayla. also, you look more like yourself in those pictures than in any others. i wonder why.

janet hat gesagt…

Zoe, This is all excellent news! It's great that you're enjoying your time so much and that you have plans to go to Thailand! I really enjoy reading your blog--it's helping me to prepare for next year when my non-blogger will be away! I still want to kill the math teacher, but, otherwise, I think you're having a pretty amazing experience. We can't wait to see you when you return!

Unknown hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
Martha hat gesagt…

hat die tang du bist alt gesagt???
ich trinke tee auch :p

margot hat gesagt…

ja, genau! sie sagte, "deine still ist ein bisschen alt," und dann später, "deine persönlichkeit ist alt. am meistens trinken alte leute tee"!!

ich persönlich finde meine still nicht zu alt. und ja, ich kenne viele junge leute wer mögen tee.

sie ist verrückt!!