Samstag, Januar 24, 2009

Pancakes

Here I am:



I didn't wear this outfit out of the house. In Germany I usually try to blend in on the bus with my jeans-boots-H&M-sweater combo. Instead, I wore it to make "American pancakes."

And here's my face:



Pancakes:



Note how round these pancakes are. It turns out I am actually quite good at making American pancakes -- hmmm, I never knew! They weren't a huge hit, but that doesn't matter. Making them made me first think of the pancakes my mom makes, whole wheat vegan ones with pumpkin and that are SO, SO GOOD, but then I started thinking instead of my dad making "breakfast for dinner": eggs and homefries with lots of garlic. And about how nobody in my house cares if the whole house smells like garlic, because garlic smells friggin good.

Thanks for your volleyball sympathy. I know I am a complainer, but it's frustrating sometimes. And my life in Germany isn't at all as frustrating as this blog makes it appear to be, either; I definitely use this blog to vent a little, which is why it's taken on a slightly depressing tone.

Good morning.

4 Kommentare:

Liz Woodbury hat gesagt…

things i love about this post:

1. you're adorable.
2. i see your water bottle in the background!
3. i see your lint roller in the background!
4. it's called "pancakes."
5. you're adorable.

Liz Woodbury hat gesagt…

Zoe, I love the pics you've included -- especially the one with The Gates, Obama, etc. taped on the cupboard behind you. And you look great!

Love,
Dad

charlotte hat gesagt…

zoe. you're so pretty! it's easy to forget because i don't see you every day, but you are.

Mary hat gesagt…

I,too love seeing the background to your life & I miss your beautiful face so much - familiar and new at the same time. ?! Your hair is doing great things growing out long....kisses from your old mana