Samstag, Januar 10, 2009

I had a lovely time in Spain; on New Years we ate Raclette and watched many, many horrible 70s music videos on TV.

Today I'm feeling jealous of Katharina, who is having an amazing typically American experience and whose host family says that "their lives have changed because of her." I sometimes feel really tolerated.

I'm frustrated with my German, my piano ability, and my internet connection.

And I am frustrated that I have to go to school every day in God-forsaken Pforzheim when I could be off having adventures on trains, or at least doing a public policy project on abortion or the war in Afghanistan and possibly learning something, and speaking decent French.

And I'm so scared of "discussions" now I can't even bring myself to ask about guitar lessons, let alone possibly traveling/meeting with people.

And my host family thinks I am lazy and unathletic, and I feel really, really bad. I want to be a good exchange student. Today I half-heartedly tried to call someone from my class at school.

So. I don't know. I will post again, hopefully something more uplifting, and possibly some photos if I ever get them all loaded onto my computer.

1 Kommentar:

charlotte hat gesagt…

aw, zoe. this is a sad post. and i know it's hard to see this from so far away, but public policy is really awful and i don't think you'd enjoy it. i have the idea that january is generally a very good (or at least very important) month for exchange students. so keep me posted. i'm off to print draft 9,049,878 of my policy outline...