Montag, August 18, 2008

Getting excited!

Hello, all.

Firstly, Charlotte is back from Senegal! She had so many stories to tell and she isn't going through reverse culture shock (yet), so all is good. She brought me a beautiful patchwork skirt, which I'll post pictures of soon.

This week, our German exchange student, David, is staying with us for a week while his permanent host family is on vacation. He arrived from Germany just the night before last. Today we went downtown and I showed him around the old port -- I took him to Arabica, Bull Moose Music, and the Rogues Gallery store. Here's a photo we took quickly at Kettle Cove before getting back in the car (there were TONS of bugs):


It's kind of a funny picture of all of us, and I'm not really that fat. But no matter. As I said before, it was buggy.

Tonight David, Ezra and I went to Kayla's goodbye party (she's going to the Czech Republic), which was so fun. Devyn was there with her Norwegian sister, Anna, who is really sweet. Tomorrow David and I are going to see The Dark Night with them, which should be great.

Today I got a Facebook message from my German liaison! She will be the person I talk to when I have problems with school, my family, or Germany in general. Her name is Alisa, she's from Karlsruhe, and she's only 18. I am so excited to meet her and my family, after hearing so much about them.

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…
Der Kommentar wurde von einem Blog-Administrator entfernt.