Donnerstag, August 28, 2008

(Belated) birthdays

Happy birthday to three of our good friends. On August 25th, Jill turned 13, on the 26th, Artemis turned 17, and today, Charlotte is 16. I celebrated Charlotte's birthday with some iced coffee at Arabica this morning. I got her a bar of chocolate, which will be followed with a slightly larger gift (hopefully tomorrow.)

Yesterday was Artemis's annual picnic at Kettle Cove. We took some pictures, but I'm having trouble getting any of them on my blog, due to my dad's fancy camera... I do not know how to convert them to jpegs. It was the last time I will see her until July 2009, since she's currently flying to D.C. for the week.

Other than that, I'm making preparations. I'm meeting with a nice lady from Tom Allen's office named Joleen next week in Washington, to encourage the Americans to continue supporting the Congress-Bundestag program. I'm pretty nervous about meeting everybody in D.C., to be honest.

Keine Kommentare: