Sonntag, April 20, 2008

Host family

I made it home from the camping trip on Cow Island (and actually had a great time!) and enjoyed a lovely visit to Cape Cod with my friend Kayla. But, the most excited news is, I have a host family!! I'm so excited!! They live in a town called Birkenfeld, which is an hour outside of Stuttgart in southwest Germany. (Don't try Google Map-ing it; there's a larger town called Birkenfeld that it'll take you to.) The town is tiny and looks very cute and charming; it's also right in the Black Forest! Tonight my mom and I are making a black forest cake to celebrate.
Here's a picture of an old fashioned-looking house in Birkenfeld, courtesy of Google Earth:



I e-mailed my host sister Katharina, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm kind of nervous.

Keine Kommentare: