Montag, Juni 25, 2007

Two unrelated thoughts

1) The picture below is of two delicious vegan pumpkin-walnut muffins that Mana and I enjoyed at a really cool cafe in Davis Square. It's called Diesel, and it's one of my favourite places to go in Cambridge. It has good sandwiches, vegan baked goods, interesting art, and a pool table; also, there are always people there drawing comics, designing buildings, doing graphic design work, or doing other interesting, artistic things.

2) For lack of better things to do, I have been reading an insane amount this summer. So far (since school let out,) I have read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Persepolis, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Persepolis 2, and The Book Thief, and I have started reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Schindler's List, and Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States. Why all the Harry Potter? I haven't read these books in an incredibly long time, and so I figured maybe I should read all of them before the new one comes out. I know that's kind of dorky, but it's nice to have something easy and fun to read when you need a break from books about war and the Holocaust.

Keine Kommentare: