Samstag, März 24, 2007



This movie was absolutely adorable, and also very crafty. Lots of the scenes included things made out of paper, plastic, cloth, etc. Despite its overwhelming cuteness, I really enjoyed it. My favourite parts were definitely the scenes involving the imaginary TV show, and also the scene featuring the stuffed telephone and typewriter.




We watched An Inconvenient Truth at school yesterday, and while it is perhaps the complete opposite of The Science Of Sleep, I still loved it. I thought the way the information was presented was very effective and mater-of-fact. Also, like Rafaela, I was (pleasantly) surprised at how seriously my classmates took it.




I meant to stay up and watch This American Life last night, but I changed my mind because I thought (for some reason) that it was an hour and a half long. Instead, I watched it today after school, with my mom. My vote is: splendid. I could never prefer it to the radio show, but I enjoyed it. I thought it translated well to television, and unlike Boaz Frankel and his worst interview ever, I didn't find it weird seeing Ira Glass actually present on film. "An Animal They Loved" = sad. I wish the show was longer than half an hour, though.

1 Kommentar:

Liz Woodbury hat gesagt…

i also loved the stuffed typewriter SO much, and i am inspired to start stitching some birds and horses as well.

also, the clouds and the cellophane water. all cute!

how about al gore for president, with ira for a running mate?