Sonntag, Juli 04, 2010

Working

WWOOF Germany just re-did their website and it looks great. I am tempted to buy a one-way ticket there (which would pretty much completely deplete my bank account) and stay until they kick me out of the country. That was my plan this morning, until I remembered that I probably will find a job eventually, and until then I can babysit, and probably India will end up working out. The job search is just frustrating me at this point. I really hate applying at a bunch of crappy places and then having them not hire me.

Maybe eventually a place that's not crappy will hire me, though, after the college kids leave. I asked the nice guy at Arabica about employment and his advice was, "Just keeping hanging around! That's what I did -- and then eventually, I ended up behind the counter!"

In the meantime, I am enjoying Scrabble Sundays with David M. and my mom. We had a nice afternoon downtown at Bard, including some free scones from Standard Baking and MY VICTORY. (Maybe my first win against David M., an expert Scrabble player, EVER!!) I spelled "vibrate" for 80-something points. Too bad I didn't get a picture of that special moment. I think that means I have regained fluency in English. Then we visited the travel store down on Commercial Street, where I realized that they make quick-dry bras and water bottles with filters in them.

I am going to hold out for India.

Keine Kommentare: