Montag, Juli 26, 2010

Kansas

Our trip to Kansas was certainly sad, but it also included a lot of fun moments and all four of us were so glad we could go. It was the first time my mom had been back in about 10 years, which I'm sure was very interesting for her. We started off the trip by arriving at the Kansas City airport and stopping in Lawrence on our way to Topeka to visit some historic houses:

My mom and dad's first apartment.

IMG_0745


My mom's first apartment.

IMG_0746


The house where my mom was born was in between these two houses.

IMG_0749


Mom, Dad, and Isaac examine the GPS in the rental car.

IMG_0758


The house where my dad was born.

IMG_0788


In Topeka, we spent a lot of time with my grandmother, Tracy, Bill, and Jena (and of course Grandma's dog Sammy.) We attended the (very nice) service for my grandfather. We also looked through many, many wonderful old photos:


My grandmother as a girl:

IMG_0778

IMG_0780


Her mom and some aunts (check out their outfits!):

IMG_0779


I stayed in this room:

IMG_0763

IMG_0765

My dad and Tracy:

IMG_0805


Jena and me:

IMG_0804

And... on the very last night... a double rainbow ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE SKY!

IMG_0834

Keine Kommentare: