Freitag, Juli 16, 2010

A little update on the next few days

Max left yesterday, and many tears were shed. He will come back in early December after WWOOFing in Spain on a Buddhist retreat center and then possibly in Patagonia. Now I'm waiting to hear from him and hoping that he has not gotten permanently lost on the Spanish bus system...

Other than that: I was hired yesterday at a fast food chain. I will be working 37 hours a week, which is obviously great, but the idea of having a job that I know I will learn nothing from is really scary. I really don't want to go back today to fill out paperwork, even. I am trying to think of ways to bring academia into my life.

My grandfather (my dad's dad) died yesterday. It was expected, but still really, really sad. My parents, Isaac and I are going to Kansas tomorrow for the funeral, coming back Tuesday or so.

All in all, it's been a rough couple of days and I am comforting myself with things like Mad Men, a DQ blizzard and the movie of A Streetcar Named Desire. I know I have a lot I want to accomplish before December, but first I think I just need distractions.

1 Kommentar:

Liz Woodbury hat gesagt…

we need to watch some more good movies soon, and eat some more ice cream!