Samstag, März 27, 2010

barnard

Today is a BEAUTIFUL DAY. For multiple reasons. Number one is, of course, that I was accepted to Barnard College today, my absolute-first-choice school. I will be living in New York for four years. At Barnard. This idea is kind of incredibly wonderful.

I feel very prepared for things in general. I am always a little afraid of optimism, as if it is some kind of jinx, but I am so much looking forward to tomorrow and next week and the months to come. I know I have some tough decisions to make in terms of my gap year, because while I still really, really want to defer and go to India next year, I am having second thoughts about my initial plan and I'm working on another plan for how to get there. I'm considering work for six months and then farming. And maybe a stop in Thailand somewhere in there??

The fact that everything will be so different so soon is scary, but I'm working on just being excited about it instead of worrying about change. I think I'm doing a decent job.

3 Kommentare:

olive hat gesagt…

Good job! Barnard is really, really good. And everyone in their brochure wears incredibly trendy clothing.

Liz Woodbury hat gesagt…

this makes me so happy, not just that you got into barnard, but that you're feeling so optimistic and excited about what's happening and what's to come!

mh hat gesagt…

Zoe, I'm so proud of you and look forward to witnessing all of your adventures! Yea! Barnard Bears, right? That's funny...