Donnerstag, März 06, 2008

Congress-Bundestag update

I won, I won! I won the Congress-Bundestag! If I may say so, they only choose 200 kids from the US (two from Maine and New Hampshire), so this is actually impressive! It still hasn't fully registered in my mind that I'm going. I get to go to Germany for a year for free!! I'm so excited.

In other events, school's trudging on. We're studying the Holocaust and cancer (uplifting stuff.) Also, I finished We Disappear yesterday and I really enjoyed it; now I need a new book to read. My school competed in the Maine Science Bowl on Sunday, and we didn't do wonderfully, but we did fine -- I think we got 5th or 6th place, out of maybe 12 teams. It's like a math team, only the questions are about science trivia. It was so awesome; we built a car powered by a mousetrap and we got socks that say "USM Science Bowl" on them.

5 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Glückwünsche!

Mary hat gesagt…

I went right to the link to read all about it. The description sounded just like you, wonderful girl !!!
your proud mana

Jeannette hat gesagt…

Right on!! How exciting!! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Congratulations Margot :) - my name's Sarah (I'm from California) and I've also received the CB scholarship. Get in touch with me through my blog or email mekalika at gmail dot com. I made a facebook group for CB finalists as well, but we currently only have two members. xD

Anonym hat gesagt…

just to clarify, the just search for "CBYX 2008-2009" on facebook (if you have an account anyway) :D