Montag, Juli 06, 2009

last day of school EVER

Today, on my last day of German school, I gave a little presentation in English about New England and Maine. It was weird. I felt a little unprepared, especially when it came to the actual speaking. It's normal for my English to be a little awkward, but today it was just bizarre -- I felt like I literally could not form a sentence. It was also just somehow awkward to talk about home in front of my class -- I felt like they thought I was being somehow critical, when I'm really just excited to go home.

After school, my class had planned a surprise party for me, which was really, really sweet. We sat by the Nagold River and ate cake. They got me such great gifts: a class photo and these absolutely amazing, cool shoes. One of the girls in my class has the same ones, and she remembered that way, way at the beginning of the year, I told her I loved them and asked her where she'd bought them.



Shoes. They're sailing shoes -- sneakers for sailing.

4 Kommentare:

mh hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
mh hat gesagt…

I love those shoes -- and the color!

I can easily imagine speaking English in front of your class feeling awkward. Maybe a little too "full circle" - way back at the beginning you arrived speaking only English. Now, after having learned German, you're presenting in English.

Well, now I must type "ackspr" and click on veroffentlichen!

mh hat gesagt…

First comment was me. I messed up!

Anonym hat gesagt…

so you going to come sailing with me?!

Devyn