Samstag, Dezember 08, 2007

What I've been doing lately

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, folks! I have been busy, and sick. (I am recovering from a sore throat, headache, and cough right now, but I am feeling better.) Also, Thursday was the culmination of our first expedition, "We Are One and We Are Changing." Even after devoting three months to it, I still don't understand how the title ties in with infectious disease and colonization, but don't tell the 10th grade team! Anyway, our presentation went pretty well, and I'm glad the expedition's over.
Yesterday Charlotte came over; we worked on our rap, danced to Mark's Christmas Mix, and watched Capote. (My mother makes fun of the number of times I've seen that movie.) It's terrific! I love it. My dad suggested that I introduce it to my crew, which is kind of a bad idea, especially considering that it's rated R and I think that's illegal, or something. Although I think my crew might benefit from an eye-opening, shocking experience... Maybe that's why I want to take my class to see the Kara Walker show at the Whitney when we're in New York.
What else have I been doing? Mostly, trying to finish up the Congress-Bundestag application. It has to be in by December 16th -- wish me luck!! If I get it, I'll get to go to Germany for a year for free!

2 Kommentare:

charlotte hat gesagt…

what if, for an eye-opening shocking experience, we put them all in that creepy kansas jail?

margot hat gesagt…

I'm all for it!